My dear friend and gifted blogger, Jezamama, has generously chosen Iron Acres for two awards (blush!)-- Superior Scribbler and Beautiful Blogger. With those awards go certain responsibilities. The fun part is sharing with you some of my favorite blogs. (I would list Jez's blog in both categories, but someone else did it already.)
1. Must link to the author and the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
2. Must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award.
3. Must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!
4. Must post these rules on his/her blog.
5. Must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.(the fun part!)
My five nominees for Superior Scribbler are:
A Picure a Day and Chronicles of a Country Girl--Kate has an eye for using textures, her photography is beautiful, and you will find yourself addicted to a daily dose of George!
Crepes of Wrath-- You'll visit for the name and stay for the recipes and gorgeous pictures. Sydney is a young thing, just recently married. She gives me hope for her generation.
Sprinkles--I met L last summer. She hails from New York and has been chronicling her life in Texas online since 2004. L has an incredible sense of humor and we share a love of old movies. And she sort of likes Barry Manilow. (read, "is his numero uno fan!")
BlogU--Annie offers wisdom in navigating the treacherous waters of html. She is generous with her knowledge, and able to explain the wizardry of widgets and templates in terms this newbie can understand.
A Holy Experience -- Ann Voskamp weaves the everyday experiences of a farmer's wife and homeschool mom in words of beauty and significance. She has a profound gift for seeing eternity in the ordinary and sharing Truth.
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award. (Thank you, Jezamama!)
2. Copy the award and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Tell us 7 interesting things about yourself.
--My Dad was an amateur magician, and I helped out as his assistant a few times. (sans spandex and fishnet hose)
--I was an early member of a Christian drama group that performed at the Alley Theatre in Houston.
--I wrote, recorded, and performed songs as part of a Christian singing group in the 70s.
--I enjoy making soap, cheese, and bread. From scratch. With fresh goat milk!
--I can carry on a conversation using song titles alone. It's a curse.
--During my "Russian" period I read every novel and short story written by Leo Tolstoy. I do love me some Leo Tolstoy.
--I play a mean guitar and wail on the drums in Rock Band 2. Just ask Unca Dave, the ultimate gamer. It's the only video game I can best him at, at least for now. (love ya, Unca Dave!)5. Nominate 7 bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs nominated.
Meme'sCorner--Meme is an 80something "beginner" blogger with more awards than you can shake a stick at. Her posts are a wonderful window into both today and yesterday.
The French Factrice --vintage postcards and blog buttons, oh my!
Faith Barista-- "because some days you need a double shot of faith!"
Lemon Verbena Lady --whether you pronounce it with or without the "h", this herb's for you.
My Square Foot Garden--fun and informative for gardening in small spaces.
Quiet Life--Donna writes about her family, her faith, and photography. My three loves as well.
White Linen-- beautiful pictures and beautiful music. *sigh*
I hope I did ya proud, Jezamana! And thank you again for your encouragement. Hugs.