Monday, March 9, 2009

Words

I think I have already warned you that I love words. Some words tickle my ear, some make me think. Others touch my heart. I REALLY like words that make me think or touch my heart. I call those "words with life" because they resonate deep inside me and set off an emotional response. They leap off the page grabbing my face in their hands as if to say, "this is important, you need to pay attention" like Son 2 used to do as a toddler when he thought I wasn't listening to him.

This is my favorite picture of Son 2. He was playing with his cars and said, "Mommy, take my picture." I am so grateful I was paying attention that day.

ph-10198

For a few years now I have been collecting quotes that I read in a book or hear in a movie. Words that grab my face and say, "you need to pay attention". I would like to share them with you, with the hope that they will encourage you as much as they have encouraged me.

You will find these little gems in the right column at the top of the page. I hope you enjoy them.

To paraphrase those noted philosophers of a bygone age, the Bee Gees, "it's only words, but words are all I have to give my heart away."

No comments: