Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Such a place of wonder

P1870953


Saturday morning at sunrise...a solitary Canada goose calling for its mate...and me, standing in the brush, listening, watching, taking a picture of the sunrise over a pond and a pile of earth left from strip mining coal.



P1870962


Such a place of wonder on such a pile of rubble, just off the interstate behind the factory outlet mall.


I drove around the pond, taking picture after picture, watching the mist float over the water like smoke over mirror. The water so still, reflecting sky and light.


Reflecting my need.


For quiet.


For stillness.


For reflection.


P1880027


Such a place of wonder on such a pile of rubble.


I stayed there for some time, welcoming the water of cleansing and the mist of calming as they floated over my mind, my heart.


I left with hope for what God was doing in my life.


Such a place of wonder on such a pile of rubble.

No comments: