Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Christmas Music

James Taylor, "In the Bleak Midwinter"



Aled Jones, "O Come, O Come, Emmanuel"



Michael W Smith, "Gloria"



Amy Grant, "Breath of Heaven"



 Christ Church Choirs, "Mary Did You Know"



Michael Crawford, "O Holy Night"



Celtic Voices, "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring"



Random Acts of Culture, Handel's "Hallelujah Chorus"
It is customary to stand at the end of The Messiah as this song is performed. What a wonderful experience this must have been, to hear the glorious hallelujahs in the contemporary marketplace. Breathtaking!




And then there are the sentimental favorites:

Trans-Siberian Orchestra, "Christmas Canon"



from the animated film, The Snowman, "Walking in the Air"



Mannheim Steamroller, "Silent Night"
I remember listening to this as I walked through knee deep snow delivering newspapers in Central New York. I experience again the quiet and beauty of a snowy evening each time I hear this.



Mannheim Steamroller, "Pat a Pan"



Bing Crosby with David Bowie, "Little Drummer Boy/Peace On Earth"



Michael Buble, "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas"



Bing Crosby, "White Christmas"



Ray Conniff Singers, "Christmas Bride"
I first heard this song when I was 12 years old. Sixteen years later, 5 days before Christmas, I married My Dear Professor.




Harry Connick Jr, "When My Heart Finds Christmas"





No comments: